Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Common Miatakes

1.-  My Mistake was writing "people is" and should be "people are" because " is" is  for singular and "are"  for plural.

ex 1.-  Those rings are very expensive.

ex 2.-  My classmates are very generous and polite.

2.- I have problems with the use of will-future.

will-future - Use

The will-future is one future tense. There are other future tenses, like the going to-future, the Present Progressive, the Future Progressive/Continuous and the Simple Present.
We use the will-future:

1) Future actions happen without the speaker's intention (birthday, weather, etc.)

The sun will shine tomorrow.
Peter will be 15 next Tuesday.


2) Predictions, assumptions (I think, I hope, I'm sure, I'm afraid)

I think Sue will arrive in Paris at 6 pm.

3) Spontaneous actions (not planned)

Hang on! I'll have a word with you.

link: http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/grammar/will_future_use.htm

3.-   I have problems expressing and requesting opinions

Ways to ask for opinions

Do you think...?
What do you think about...?
What's your opinion of...?
How do you feel about...?
examples:
Do you think i´m a good person?
How do you feel about your brother´s marriage?
Expressions to give opinions
I think...
I feel...
I don't think
In my opinion,...
If you ask me,...
Examples:
In my opinion, you are a very good player.
I think you should train more.
Link: http://www.topics-mag.com/language/give-opinions.html
4.- Sometimes I have problems reading instructions before writing.

  1. Pre-reading
    • Preview structure of text
    • Examine assumptions about topic and author
    • Make predictions

  2. Reading
    • Actively reading the text
    • Asking questions
    • Annotating and note taking

  3. Rereading/Prewriting
    • Reviewing the text with the assignment in mind
    • Locating material in text that might help write the paper

  4. Prewriting
    • Organizing material for the paper
    • Analyzing the rhetorical situation of the assignment (audience, purpose, intention)

  5. Drafting
    • Writing the first draft of the paper
    • Making decisions about content, structure, and language

  6. Rewriting
    • Reviewing and revising the paper
    • Proofreading the paper
    • Checking paper against source texts for accuracy, correctness, and fairness
link: http://academic.udayton.edu/crc/faculty/ReadingWritingProcess.htm

5.- Determiners 

what is a determiner?

The determiner is an important noun modifier which contextualizes a noun, often in terms of quantity and possession. Determiners in English precede a noun phrase and include demonstratives, possessives, and quantifiers.

examples:
- this is my new laptop
-Those kids are bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment